Saturday, March 29, 2014

[Uncategorized] - Hunting Grounds


The greatest and only revenge that I can wreak upon you
Is to offer you as fresh meat
To stave off the wolves

They will come from the hollows and caves of my cerebrum
And most days I'll lose them in the folds
Wriggling my way through the maze
Until I reach the skull bone cliffs
And sleep with my back to them

You were very kind
Very careful in your goodbyes
But your partial definitions and conjectured futures
Aren't doing me any good,
Running with me through the grey matter valleys

They'll be satisfied with one of us
And you're not even real, so
I'll break one ankle and walk away
And you won't make a sound when they come.
And when they rip your tendons from your joints,
And crunch their jaws til they taste marrow,
You'll close your eyes and scratch their ears
While their muzzles soak your blood

No comments:

Post a Comment