Friday, January 10, 2014

[Prompt] - Hive Mind

Prompt: "A day in the life of a colony of bees, from the perspective of the singular hive mind, but not just describing what they do." Ted Wilkowski


Hive Mind

Prepare for war
Though war has never come
Aye aye, to the garden!
Aye aye, to the comb!
Aye aye, to the queen!
Scatter formation as I fly
Buzz the petals close and-
What?
No, we're-
No we don't "bumble", 31011.
That's absurd, I won't command that.
That implies that -
Yes, I GET the pun.
It's not nearly as good as "buzz"
As I was saying,
Prepare for war!
We are one,
I am one, 
And I am 10,000 strong
We know victory,
Never the sting of defea-
What?
No, that's not a pun, it's
Okay it's a little bit of a pun
No we still don't "bumble"!
Scouts!
Dance formation, report.
I see.
Fear not the wasps
They are vain and petty
They have not our resources
Not our skill
Not our pride
While their numbers wane
Ours wax
And-
OKAY FINE WE'LL BUMBLE

No comments:

Post a Comment